PRE MARITAL COUNSELING SERVICES
Nancy’s Counseling Corner offers Premarital Counseling to Couples who are ready to move forward with commitment in marriage but seek a practical approach to their journey for everlasting love.
Are You Preparing for a Marriage and Want to Enhance The Foundation of Your Relationship?
Nancy Travers offers Premarital Counseling to couples in the Orange County area that are considering to get married or are already engaged. Marriage is a celebration of life and love, but is also a union that requires care, maintenance, and everlasting stability. Contact Nancy today for a consultation and she will set your marriage up for success.
A recent episode on a network drama showed a couple about to be married accidentally cross paths just hours before the wedding. The bride, ”especially mortified for the groom to see her hair wrapped in giant hair curlers,” considers it bad luck for her fiancé to see her on the day of their nuptials.
Contact Nancy Now
Text or Call
Contact Nancy Travers
What is Premarital Counseling and how will it benefit couples who are considering or moving towards a marriage?
Premarital counseling is a common type of therapy that helps many couples adequately prepare for marriage. Premarital counseling can help ensure that both parties have a strong, foundational, healthy relationship — giving you a better chance for a long-term, fulfilling, stable and satisfying marriage. Premarital counseling can also look under the hood of the relationship and identify any initial issues that could arise later on in time.
Premarital counseling should only be provided by licensed professionals with experience in marriage and family counseling. One way to differentiate a great relationship counselor that can offer services related to premarital therapy is by checking their track record, level of experience, and certification of credentials.
These types of counselors and therapists have a graduate or postgraduate degree — and many choose to become credentialed by the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT).
Additional concepts to consider when it comes to finding the right premarital counselor:
Before we examine or even try to understand the relationship between individuals interested in proceeding in a marriage, we should start out by recognizing and acknowledging that marriage creates a legally binding situation, and it may change the expectations of the man and woman across many dimensions of the relationship.
Why Should You Choose Nancy’s Counseling Corner Premarital Counseling Services?
Nancy Travers doesn’t only specialize in marriage and relationship counseling! Nancy offers Professional Premarital counseling. By choosing to be practical about your long-term plan for marriage, this form of counseling can help couples improve their relationships before marriage. Couples wishing to participate in premarital counseling will be encouraged to discuss topics related to marriage, such as:
- Finances, Career, and Spending Habits
- Communication and Attentiveness
- Beliefs and values
- Roles in marriage and expectations of each other
- Sex, Affection, and Romance
- Future plans or desire to have children
- Family relationships
- Decision-making processes
- Anger Management
- Making time to spend with each other
Premarital counseling helps couples improve their ability to communicate successfully, set realistic expectations for each other, the concept of marriage, and develop conflict-resolution skills. In addition, premarital counseling can help couples establish a positive attitude about seeking help if it becomes necessary in the future.
A few things to also consider are that both parties within the relationship bring their own values, opinions, and history into a relationship, and they might not always match your partner’s. For example, family systems and religious beliefs vary greatly. Many couples have experienced very different upbringings with different role models for relationships and marriage. Many people go into marriage believing it will fulfill their social, financial, sexual, and emotional needs — and that’s not always the case. By discussing differences and expectations with each other and a Licensed professional marriage counselor, you and your partner can better understand and support each other during the marriage.
“It’s a good thing,” he reassures her. “You’re going to look perfect at our wedding, but over the long term, I’m going to see you a lot more like this than like that.”
So… What’s the Point of the Story?
It’s a great metaphor for the proverbial pre-marital jitters: Will he/she still love me when the realities of life together threaten to squeeze out the honeymoon bliss?
It’s also exactly why we’re here to offer premarital counseling, Orange County based, for couples ready to take the plunge into marriage with eyes wide open. My premarital counseling, Orange County services are designed to help you enjoy a happy marriage while preparing for the realities of a long-term partnership.
Could Premarital Counseling Damage Our Relationship?
Many people worry about broaching difficult subjects with their prospective spouse for fear of spoiling the romance. In reality, few things could be better for long-term happiness than being prepared. We can’t anticipate all the obstacles that may cross your path in the future, but through my practice in premarital counseling, Orange County/Newport Beach, I can help you work through many common issues new couples often face, including:
- Money – If you have different spending habits and priorities, you need to talk them through now. Money is a leading cause of marital strife. Learning to work together on mutually agreeable spending and saving plans will pay off tenfold in the future.
- Religion – Many get married at a time in their life when religion is far from their mind. Maybe they don’t consider religion to be important to them at all, and for some, it isn’t. But getting married, especially if you plan to have children, has a way of bringing faith to the forefront. You don’t want to be caught off guard by realizing you’re still devoted to the religious upbringing of your youth while your spouse is a committed atheist, and you can’t seem to find common ground.
- Parenthood – Do you want children? How do you plan to raise them? In my premarital counseling, Orange-County-based practice, I help couples understand the importance of knowing ahead of time if they agree about issues regarding children.
These are just a few of many topics we can discuss if you choose to seek premarital counseling, Orange County, whether you’re moving in together, considering marriage in the future or already engaged. The parties, flowers and limousines can wait, but preparing for potential real-life challenges are far more important right now. Please call my office today or fill out a Contact Form. I look forward to working with you.
Table of Contents
- PRE MARITAL COUNSELING SERVICES
- Nancy’s Counseling Corner offers Premarital Counseling to Couples who are ready to move forward with commitment in marriage but seek a practical approach to their journey for everlasting love.
- So… What’s the Point of the Story?
- Could Premarital Counseling Damage Our Relationship?