Marriage and Couples Counseling in Newport Beach
Nancy’s Counseling Corner is not only a Newport Beach based center for Couples Therapy, it’s a place for struggling couples to make positive progress in healing dysfunctional or damaged relationships.
Are you considering making a positive change by attending Marriage Counseling near you?
You came to the right place for certified, professional, and affordable Marriage Counseling.
Nancy Travers is your best choice of counselors in Orange County and is highly trusted and respected.
Marriage counseling helps bring relationships to life and enhances couples understanding of each other.
What is Marriage Counseling and how will it benefit married couples in crisis?
A standard definition of a Licensed couple therapist could include a numer of different titles such as: psychiatrist, licensed clinical social workers, counseling psychologist, clinical psychologist, marriage and family therapists, etc. The main purposes of hiring a relationship counselor or couples therapist is to have someone help facilitate communication and help strugglin couples design a framework forcommunication and thoroughly analyzing the relationship as a whole.
Additional concepts to consider when it comes to finding the right marriage counselor:
Before we examine or even try to understand the relationship between individuals, we should start out by recognizing and acknowledging that each man or woman, including the counselor, has their own unique personality traits, perceptions, and value sets which were formed during their upbringing.
We all are ingrained with different value systems!
Institutional and societal factors (our sociology, religious, and other historical factors) which colectively mold a person’s nature and behavior are considered in the course of effective counseling and therapy. A major aspect of relationship counseling is that it is intrinsically beneficial for all the participants to communicate with each other and with society at large with minimal conflict. Communication will be the key to your success and counseling sessions will help provide the platform to accomplish dispute resolution and preservation of your marriage or relationship.
- Are you feeling frustrated with your relationship?
- Are you arguing more than making love?
- Do you feel alone even though you are in a relationship?
- Does you marriage suffer with sexual intimacies?
- Do you feel like roommates instead of lovers?
- Is there anger and resentment rather than love and tenderness?
- Has your marriage been hurt by an affair or inappropriate behavior?
If you came this far is searching online or seeking professional marriage counseling advice, you likely identify with at least one of these crucial questions. The good news is that Nancy Travers is your best choice for making progress, healing your relationship, and setting realistic goals.
10 Important Questions To Ask Your Marriage Counselor
- What Level of Education did you obtain on the subject of Marriage and Family Therapy?
- Are you a Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist?
- How long have you been in business for and how many clients do you help on a weekly basis?
- What Locations do you offer your service to and how broad of a market do you provide marriage therapy to?
- Do you accept insurance for your therapy services?
- Do you have any client reviews or testimonials from Google or on your website?
- Why should we choose you over the other therapists offering the same services in the area?
- How well do you rank for marriage counseling or related services if we were to search for your counseling servics on the internet?
- Are there any additional resources or published articles you have contributed outside of your website so we can better prepare ourselves for attending your counseling sessions?
- How many counseling sessions do you recommend we attend in order to start seeing results or accomplishing our relationship goals?
Relationship and Marriage Expectations and Goals
Expectations and goals in a marriage or relationship are extremely important. Each person comes into a relationship or marriage with ideas, goals and dreams of what they think it should be like. People then tend to hinge everything they do and the way they behave around these goals. I work to help people vocalize and openly share these ideas. Then I facilitate the communication and understanding of of each person’s goals for the relationship. It is imperative that both members of the couple understand that couples therapy is a long term process and disputes hardly ever get fully resolved in one session or one day. That is why it is important to consider the quality and comprehensiveness of the benefits you will receive from proper communication, effort, letting go of pride, and working in unison to preserve your common bond.
Benefits of Counseling
Couples and marriage counseling can bring many positive elements to a relationship. It can help people understand each other better as well as communicate their own desires more comprehensively. Counseling can also bring issues to the forefront and help people realize some motivations for why certain individuals are wired the way that they are. One of the most important benefits that counseling can provide is the exposure and actual communication of issues that have been swept under the rug or never even brought to the surface in the first place. Clarity of your relationship is a concept within itself and identifying the bigger picture where everything that is at stake becomes more apparent. this bigger picture of your marriage or relationship includes, but is not limited to: your physical health, mental health, your children, your extended family, your career, friends, positive mental attitude, outlook on life, and overall piece of mind.
Being an experienced, well educated, and Licensed Clinical Social Worker, you can rest assured that Nancy Travers is your most optimal choice for Marriage Counselors throughout the greater Orange County area.
You do not have to go through this alone. Call to schedule your appointment for effective counseling today at 949.510.9423
Let’s Get Started NOW!
Ready to make your love life shine? Contact us for a couples and marriage counseling consultation. Nancy Travers is an Orange County marriage counselor. Nancy’s Counseling Corner is located in Irvine, CA, we provide relationship counseling services to the Orange County area.
Ready to get started?
Get Your Relationship Back Now!