My name is Nancy Travers and I am a Licensed Orange County Therapist.
In August 2004, I opened a clinical private practice in Irvine to serve the greater Orange County area. Nancy’s Counseling Corner specializes in relationships for individuals, couples and the elderly.
I have over 25 years experience in the field of therapy and counseling and have worked in a wide variety of settings from family preservation work, hospice, HIV/AIDS, to geriatrics. My background experience includes work with an array of issues such as depression, anxiety, sexuality, addictions, grief and loss, and trauma work.
What differentiates me as a therapist is that I work with you to define what we hope to accomplish together – and then focus on the positive results. The key is making you feel safe and comfortable in the entire process. I listen closely to you to form a “collaborative bond” which helps us better understand each other.
My approach to therapy utilizes several models of therapy including cognitive-behavioral therapy, solution focused, positive psychology, crisis intervention and hypnosis.
I also remain actively involved in various industry organizations including:
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Consultant for CEU Development Program with Casey Truffo for Be a Wealthy Therapist
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH)
- Southern California Society of Clinical Hypnosis (SCSCH) and past member of Board of Directors
- Western Hypnosis Association (WHA) -currently serving as Vice President
- American Psychotherapy and Medical Hypnosis Association (APMHA)
- American Psychology Association (APA)
- California Association for Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- Completed Level One training in Gottman Method couples therapy